Property Damage & Vehicle Claims


For property damage and vehicle claims, contact the law offices who help you get the justice you deserve.

The Law Offices of Kevin F. Kurgis Co., LPA know that when you are involved in an accident you need your car. Doctors appointments and work won’t wait for you to get your car back.
Thats why our Property Damage Department will assist you with your vehicle claim at no extra cost to you. If you have specific questions please look at out Property Damage FAQs, which will help you decide which route to take while dealing with your vehicle.

If you were in a car accident and managed to escape without injury, consider yourself one of the lucky few. Your car may not have been so fortunate though, so what should you do now to deal with the damage done to your car? Contact a lawyer. At the Law Offices of Kevin Kurgis, we are experienced in property damage and vehicle claims, helping our clients receive the compensation they are entitled to.

The First Step in Your Property Damage Claim

The first step in your property damage claim begins immediately following the accident. After making sure everyone is free from injury, contact the police. An official report should be made so that the insurance company has an accurate account of what took place, providing proof that the incident wasn’t your fault. Police reports hold up well in court, so even if you collect other witness statements, you will want the police on your side.

Next, collect evidence and write down details so you can present them to our office. With pictures of the scene, we can determine whether weather conditions, property damage, or poor road conditions played a part in your accident. We can get a better idea of what happened, how the other driver caused the accident, and if there are any other responsible parties.

Finally, we will assist you in filing a claim with the other driver’s insurance company. You should also contact your own insurance company, so it’s on record in case the other driver comes after you.

Deductibles You May Have to Pay

One unfortunate situation is when you don’t know or don’t have evidence of who caused the property damage. Perhaps you were involved in a hit and run and don’t have the at-fault party’s insurance information. This is a time when you’d be paying the deductible for car repairs.

Another deductible you may have to pay is when both your car and the other car were damaged due to your own actions. Your collision insurance will cover the other driver’s auto damages, but your own car repairs will require you to pay a deductible. If the accident was determined to be your fault, and you pay the deductible, but you feel the determination was wrong, you can fight it in court and get reimbursed for the deductible you paid.

What Happens When You Decide to Sue?

Sometimes you go around the insurance company and straight to suing the individual who caused the accident. Perhaps their poor actions caused an accident that damaged your car, a tree in your front yard, and the curbing around your lawn. If you have to pay a deductible to the insurance company because of the at-fault party’s actions, you could sue them in a civil suit.

Do You Need a Lawyer?

When dealing with property damage insurance claims, you can take care of the process on your own in many cases. However, in some situations, you will find the insurance company is trying to give you a quick payout so they can close the case. The reimbursement you receive may not be fair compensation. Unfortunately, some insurance companies act in bad faith, denying your claim without reason. In any of those situations, you’d want a lawyer by your side.

Law Offices Of Kevin Kurgis

Address: 100 S 4th St
Columbus, OH 43215

Toll Free: (877) 453-8464 or 1-877-4-KEVIN-4
Phone: (614) 464-1610
Fax: (614) 464-1616

Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.

Contact Us

And remember, “I don’t get paid, unless you get paid.”

The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Kevin Kurgis serve serious injury and wrongful death cases in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Parma, Canton, Youngstown, Lorain, Hamilton, Springfield, Kettering, Elyria, Lakewood, Cuyahoga Falls, Euclid, Middletown, Mansfield, Newark, Findlay, Urbana, Chillicothe and Zanesville OH areas.

Property Damage FAQs


New Ohio Bill Would Raise Auto Insurance Requirements

New Bill Raising Insurance Requirements COLUMBUS, Ohio Both the Ohio House and Senate passed a bill today to increase the minimum amount of insurance every driver would be required to carry. “The current limits are so low that they leave a lot of people very, very...

New 380 area code coming in January to complement 614

New 380 Area Code The 614 area code will get a partner next year - and telephone users will have six months to get ready for it. Beginning Jan. 30, customers in the 614 area code who request new service or a new line might be assigned a number in the new 380 area...

Kasich-hated salmon color vanishing on drivers’ licenses

Salmon Color Vanishing On Drivers’ License Blue-green new featured color It’s been some time coming, but Ohio finally is shedding the pinkish salmon color -- a shade hated by Gov. John Kasich -- on its drivers’ licenses. Beginning today, drivers’ licenses and...